Report This Message
Are you sure you want to report this post?

Re: Match Thread: Sheffield United vs Wolves
Posted by: Cheshire wolf
Date: 10/07/2020 19:11
Quote:
`
In addition, I'm also extremely disappointed to see the ridiculous virtue signalling of wolves players ( and other teams) kneeling for the " black lives matter movement ". This organisation is purported to deal with racism but it's an extreme far left group close to Marxism supporting anti capitalism as well as disbanding police forces etc... witnessing footballers on thousands of pounds per week adopting a subservient kneeling stance behind this group is not only hypocritical but utterly laughable.
Football is a working mans sport which serves as a form of escapism for many and should not be used as a platform to advertise organisations like this which many including me don't support. I would take it as a given the vast majority of people don't care what colour a persons skin is and expecting players to kneel like lapdogs to prove they don't condone racism is disgusting and as pathetic as people wanting to tear down statues of Winston churchill etc so they can take a few selfies on twatter/fb

The problem with it now Angry is that players, support staff and (I dare say) even officials are now frightened to stay off their knee, as they will be accused of being racists!! I believe the movement has been hijacked in the public protests by the left wing movement, rather than it actually being such a movement. Their public demonstrations have equally been an opportunity for the right -wing fascists to get out on the streets and cause their own mayhem which has turned an ostensibly peaceful protest into a violent confrontation.
My opinion is that the players opted to show their support for Black lives Matter - as they would be expected to because there are no all-white teams playing these days - and I support them for doing so, however I now think they have made their point and it is time to move on before it's seen as a boring ritual.

You may optionally give an explanation for why this post was reported, which will be sent to the moderators along with the report. This can help the moderator to understand why you reported the post.
Name:
Email:

We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net