Report This Message
Are you sure you want to report this post?

That second touch
Posted by: soapylily
Date: 17/02/2020 10:40
I have been an advocate for Vydra for some time and indeed nakhi Wells previously. I cannot remember the last time we bought a duff forward and the great thing about having choice up front is to be able to surprise the opposition and although SD doesn't do it, mix n match. Yes, Wood scores a lot with his head but his game is predictable - has anyone been offside as frequently in the PL this season? So now injury has forced SD to ring the changes with first Jay and now Matej Vydra.
Of course all this proves it really is a squad game and hats off to his colleagues for their post match reaction to Vydra and his success. It is a great compliment to SD and his team that Matej has stayed sharp and not despaired although it would be understandable if he were desperate by now. I wonder if Gibson allowed frustration to get the better of him.

Of course the greatest compliment must go to Vydra himself, not only for his patience and spirit but for the sheer quality of his goal. Yes his first touch was good and the shot suberb but watch carefully and you will rarely see a more skillfull, sublime piece of control at speed than his second touch, so subtle on the outside of his left foot. Sheer magic and with a run in the side we may find we have a very, vert valuable forward on our books.

You may optionally give an explanation for why this post was reported, which will be sent to the moderators along with the report. This can help the moderator to understand why you reported the post.
Name:
Email:

We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net