Report This Message
Are you sure you want to report this post?

Re: Match 8 Discussion: Aldershot (A)
Posted by: 2 the moon
Date: 03/09/2016 16:46
Are some people really suggesting that this defeat is somehow a good thing as it relieves the pressure. And I'm not having the chesnut that it gives a reality check for those who thought we would walk the league. Nobody on here thought we would walk the league.

I defended Brabin to the hilt last season and also defended finishing outside the play offs. So I'm not someone who goes into meltdown after one result.

However I and a few on here have dared to question how much we have actually progressed. A great start no doubt but all last seasons problems are staring some of us in the face. Lack of goals, extremely laboured in the final third, and against sides that are very well organised a tendency to run out of ideas very quickly. I could go on. There's plenty of teams that will win 5 on the run in this league so I personally never got to carried away. Least playing more narrow made us hard to score against but for some reason that sounded like it was abandoned today. In my opinion our luck ran out today and coupled with poor tactics exposed our team and manager big time.

You may optionally give an explanation for why this post was reported, which will be sent to the moderators along with the report. This can help the moderator to understand why you reported the post.
Name:
Email:

We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net