Report This Message
Are you sure you want to report this post?

Re: the football league has got no backbone
Posted by: Doogie'sGhost
Date: 03/09/2019 16:31
In order to do this the new owners must be in place. They must pass all regulations and inspections well in advance of this season ending. They must own their ground. They must have a squad and training facilities in place. They must accept that their 12 point administration punishment is carried over to next season in L2. And last, but not least, they must have paid (not agreed to pay at some point) compensation to all current L1 clubs equal to not less than the equivalent of their average gate receipt for the fixture which will not occur this year. If they do that I would consider it. If not they can start in tier 20 for all I care.

All this wailing and gnashing of teeth over Bury is getting out of hand. Sympathy for Bury fans I have to an extent, but where is the same outcry for Stockport, or Chester, or numerous others who have got into difficulties and fallen out of the league possibly not to return? If Bury get a reprieve it will be like a double punishment for them - teams who obeyed the rules and took their punishments.

You may optionally give an explanation for why this post was reported, which will be sent to the moderators along with the report. This can help the moderator to understand why you reported the post.
Name:
Email:

We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net