Report This Message
Are you sure you want to report this post?

Re: Melon on the brink?
Posted by: Matt34
Date: 14/09/2019 21:36
The possibility of losing Norwood was an eventually that was going to be very hard to recover from.

The chances of finding a player from Northern ireland, WPL, scotland or non-league, able to get anywhere close to that level of goal and assist output were not impossible but certainly slim.

The fact Tranmere could not afford to, by their current standards, make luxury wage offers to players, the kind of offers clubs with 3 times the spending power can became a very noticable elephant in the room and moreso than at any time in the last 4-5 seasons, because when your budget falls much lower in comparison to other teams in your current division, compared to teams in the previous two dvisions, you will obviously find it much harder to get players that can sustain any prioir impetus.

Mellon should not be ejected from his position, even if Tranmere were 1 point above the drop zone after 44-45 games, unless he had suddenly been given a big budget and could sign a few £6,000 a week player at christmas, but the I would be suprised if his recent budget increase exceeded £200,000 and potentially it could quite easily have not even been that much added money.

Adkins got jibbed by Southampton after 2 promotions, but that was a club potentially able to do a bit better in the biggest league in the world and it looked harsh and I was someone who thought so, but then Pochettino justified the boards decision.

However I don't think Palios would get rid of Mellon, then suddenly bring in some star studded lower cost Pochettino wannabe and Tranmere finish 12th.

Mello would arguably still the man for the job if Tranmere go down, because Palios might think Mellon could bounce back first time like Dyche did at Burnley.

I'm more than comfortable wiht Mellon at the helm and a few tweaks to performance, as well as some players stepping up a bit and more points should come.

You may optionally give an explanation for why this post was reported, which will be sent to the moderators along with the report. This can help the moderator to understand why you reported the post.
Name:
Email:

We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net